Maybe you’re completely new to mountain biking, or perhaps a little more experienced, but you’ve never been taught the fundamentals of riding off-road?
Possibly you’ve tried some technical trails, but lacked confidence and scared yourself a few times? Our Fundamentals Clinics will give you the core skills to get out in the woods tackling technical trails with confidence and commitment.
Following training you will see an immediate improvement in your riding and a boost in confidence. You’ll understand how changes in your body position, footwork and where you are looking affect the way your bike behaves on single track trails. You’ll be able to tackle steeper terrain, corner with greater control and negotiate small trail obstacles with ease.
Here’s What We’ll Cover
The skills taught and practiced in Fundamentals Clinics include:
- Mind skills
- The Ready Position
- Dynamic weight shift
- Effective braking
- Negotiating trail obstacles
- Cornering skills
- Negotiating steep terrain
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following program:
- 08:45-09:00 Arrival at course venue
- 09:00-09:30 Course commences, introductions and equipment check
- 09:30-09:45 Warm-up ride to skills area
- 09:45-12:00 Single track skills coaching and practice
- 12:00-12:15 Review and next steps
Upcoming Fundamentals Clinics