So you’re a competent mountain biker or XC racer and can ride most technical terrain with confidence. So why can’t you go as fast as your friends?
The answer is that you probably haven’t yet found your flow. You’ve probably reached a plateau in your mountain biking and perhaps can’t ride faster on technical terrain without fear of crashing?
Or, maybe you’ve tried a few trails, but lacked the confidence to hit technical sections as hard as you would like?
Our Intermediate/Advanced coaching course will build upon your Mountain Bike Skills Fundamentals to give you a toolbox of mountain bike skills that you can apply to any terrain, in any location, and any in conditions; be it a gnarly back country trail or our local race course. This full day coaching course also looks closely at the key elements to finding your flow and builds upon your fundamentals to improve your trail speed and energy management.
Following training you will see an immediate improvement in your riding and a boost in your confidence on technical trails. You will be able to tackle rougher terrain and trickier corners with greater control and negotiate bigger trail obstacles and moderate drops with confidence and commitment. You will also gain a boost in speed and commitment on fast flowing single track, switchbacks, berms; all of which achieved with far less pedaling by using the topography of the trail to retain, and even, increase speed.
The skills taught and practiced on the Mountain Bike Skills :: Intermediate/Advanced course include:
- Mind skills
- Mastering manual front-wheel lifts
- Manual dropping roots & steps
- Cornering with speed & confidence
- Reading & breaking down the trail
- Introduction to energy management & flow
- Linking trail sections for flow
- Attacking flat corners
- Flat and cambered corners
- Bermed corners; lines and pumping
- Maximizing grip and traction with pumping
- Learning to pump for speed & air
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following program:
- 07:45-08:00 Arrival at course venue
- 8:00-8:30 Course commences, introductions and equipment check
- 8:30-8:45 Warm-up ride to skills area
- 8:45-11:00 Accelerated review of Fundamentals with Int/Advanced progressions
- 11:00-12:00 Practice progression in practice area.
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break (bring your own, or we’ll pick a place nearby).
- 1:00- 4:00 Hit the trails, practice everything you’ve learned on the trails.
- 4:00 – 4:15 Recap, review of skills learned, questions.
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalized Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
to help you consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you’ve learned or need any other
Sign up for an upcoming course here.. Register Today!